Summit Spotlight: Heidi Uphus
Director of Client Success, Marco Technologies
We are so excited that Heidi is joining us at the 2022 Women of Influence Summit on Friday, September 16 as a video speaker to share when life takes you someplace you’re not expecting, it’s up to you to do things differently and change the trajectory. To help you get to know Heidi better check out her answers to our interview questions below:
What does a typical day look like for you?
- I get up at 4:00am to work out.
- Say my daily affirmation: I am happy. I am healthy. I have everything I need and everything I want in life.
- Throughout the day, I get the opportunity to lead and partner with a team of extraordinary individuals whose mission is to team up with internal and external customers to help solve problems, improve experiences, and drive satisfaction – every single day. We do all of this while laughing and having fun too.
- I eat supper with my husband.
- We play with our dog.
- In bed by 7:30-8:00pm
What is your favorite part of your job?
Walking 1:1 meetings with my team, coaching and mentoring individuals, and improving experiences for internal & external customers.
How do you spend your free time?
- Listening to music while enjoying any kind of fitness activity in nature. I love to be outside.
- I love to take day trips with my husband.
- I also like to read.
What’s on your summer reading list?
- Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t | Simon Sinek
- Presence | Amy Cuddy
- Blogs and articles on health & happiness
How has Next Monday been of value to you and/or your career?
Working with Next Monday has taught me that confidence comes from within and that the best thing I can do is step outside my comfort zone and just go for it.
What are you looking forward to at the Women of Influence Summit in September?
Connecting with others, being vulnerable and answering the hard questions.
What are you hoping to share with fellow attendees at the Women of Influence Summit?
- Don’t be your own worst enemy.
- Believe in yourself.
- Celebrate every day.
- Be proud of what makes you unique
- Be vulnerable!
What’s one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I am introverted.
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Play guitar and sing in a rock band.
What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
Coaching and mentoring.
What would you most like to tell yourself at age 18?
Stop trying too hard to fit in. You were born to stand out!
Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why?
Anywhere there are mountains and lakes. I feel and do my best when I’m surrounded by nature.
What is your favorite meal?
Chips and salsa.
How do you keep a healthy work-life balance?
Ensure that I take time for me every single day.
What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
My husband and best friend.